Makes about 3 Pints.
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoon vegetable bouillon
- 1 8oz. pkg crimini mushrooms, stems removed – slice caps (1/8 inch thick), dice stems
- 5 medium white mushrooms, stems removed – slice caps (1/8 inch thick), dice stems
- 2 medium leeks, cleaned, greens removed, divided length-wise and sliced (1/8 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 cup uncooked wild rice blend
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 4 oz. shredded gruyère cheese
- 2 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt butter in a soup pot over low heat. Add celery, carrots and onion. Stir occasionally until vegetables are slightly tender (10 – 15 minutes).
- Add stock, water and bouillon to pot. Increase heat to medium. Add mushrooms and leeks. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add wine, sherry, milk, wild rice, and thyme. Cook over medium-low heat. After twenty minutes, add cheeses and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add additional thyme and sherry if desired. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from stove and blend with immersion blender (about 10 pulses, not until smooth)