Makes about 3 Pints
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 cups cooked butternut squash, skin and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic-chili paste
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Lime wedges
- Drizzle olive oil in large soup pot over medium heat. When oil glistens, add yellow onion. Cook onion until softened, but not browning. Lightly season with salt & pepper.
- Add butternut squash, bouillion, coconut milk, and water. Increase the temperature and allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green curry paste and garlic chili paste. Season with salt & pepper. Allow soup to simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Carefully taste the soup & add more curry paste or chili paste if desired.
- Remove soup from heat. If you have an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is nearly smooth. Otherwise, you can smooth out the soup with a hand-held potato masher.
- To serve, put a handful of raw spinach leaves on the bottom of a bowl. Ladle soup on top of spinach & garnish with a lime.